This position is working for Minster part of the Saint-Gobain group who are the Global winners of TOP EMPLOYER 2017 and 2018.
We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate and motivated Warehouse Supervisor to join our team. Working closely with the Branch Operations Manager (BOM), Warehouse Assistants and Drivers to maximise productivity and efficiency within the warehouse and transport operations. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of the warehouse and transport to ensure high levels of customer service are maintained.
So are you up for handling the ultimate, frontline responsibility for a business and its goals? Could you help sustain a world class reputation? Then apply today!
What will I be doing in the role?
- Responsible for the day to day management and planning of warehouse and transport operations, taking responsibility for problem solving and managing situations arising
- Support, assist and develop Health & Safety culture within the branch to ensure both staff and customers remain accident free and ensure all parties actively endorse a safe working environment
- Work with the Branch Operations Manager to identify and action individual and team training needs
- Manage stock control and inventory process, to include rolling stock counts (PPI), purchasing from agreed suppliers, scheduling deliveries from suppliers
- Implementation of effective working practices to increase productivity whilst also improving and maintaining standards of customer service
- Ensure full compliance with all road traffic legislation
- Achievement of Operations KPI as agreed
What do we look for a Warehouse Supervisor?
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work within a team and use own initiative
- Previous team supervision experience essential
- Product and industry knowledge (desirable)
- Previous warehouse experience and knowledge of road transport legislation essential
- Commitment to promoting a safe working environment and culture
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- A defined contribution pension scheme
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold)
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits